Friday, July 13, 2012

Live from Paris: Learning through Research workshop


It's been far too long since I've written here, as counting the number of Science Videos of the Month missing will attest. But with some projects out of the way, I will have more time to devote here.

I am writing this from Paris, France, where I am attending the "Learning through Research" workshop, hosted by the Center for Research and Interdisciplinarity (CRI). The 3 day workshop has an extraordinary cast of individuals ranging from the 20 year old creator of UnCollege, on to Nobel Laureate, all with a mission in common: to re-think the way science is taught and conducted to make both more democratic, accessible and innovative. Titles of the sessions include: Innovative science teaching, Promoting innovation, Citizen science, Quick talks for emerging innovations, Scientific games, Building innovative tools for science & education, Empowering communities, and Creative learning.

I'll be writing about my experience here in the days to come. In the meantime, you should be able to follow the workshop live at this site: http://www.nightscience.org/#!live-the-event!

No comments:

Post a Comment